Saturday, May 12, 2012

What matters most...

Something big is happening.

And I am excited.

And nervous.

I’m not talking about my trip to Jamaica =] though that is extremely exciting!!

I’m talking about something I have wanted for as long as I can remember.

Something that I felt God calling me towards…

And now the opportunity is approaching – and I have found myself questioning.

How can I do this?

Am I adequately prepared?

Am I strong enough?

Am I…ready…?

There are many more questions of course.

But when I was stressing over them today…I was reminded:

THEY DON’T MATTER!

God has prepared the way.

He is in control.

He has gone before me and mapped everything out to the slightest detail…and now all He is asking me to do is be ready.

Be ready for anything.

Be ready for staying…

Be ready for going…

Be ready for whatever He is calling me to do.

I want to write so much more on this…ugh – if only I had the time…

But if there is one thing I want to get across…

I always want to be looking to what matters most.

Not what I think matters most.

But what actually matters most.

My stresses, my worries, my priorities…they don’t matter.

They’re already taken care of…

What matters is just continually seeking God…

Just taking that time to be with Him…

It’s not a “learn as He goes” sort of thing…

He has already gotten it taken care of!

Me, I am the one who has to take it one day at a time. And just take life as it comes…

I don’t have to look for adventure.

I don’t have to be my typical self and “force” it.

It’s already coming my way!

All I have to do is be ready.


Here are some goodies I re-discovered =]


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment