Saturday, July 7, 2012

"So we danced...and we laughed..."

Here I am. It is precisely 2:38 in the morning (this is somewhat embarrassing because now you are going to know what time I actually post this blog and how long it actually takes me to write blogs!) and I am kind of tired but I just got home and don’t really feel like going to sleep right now (even though I have to be up in just a few hours!).

I have so much on my mind right now! But mainly…I’ve been thinking a lot lately about how our actions affect other people…

There is this song by Natasha Bedingfield that I LOVE. It’s called Touch. It is just this fun, up-beat song about how peoples’ actions affect other people, which then sometimes have a round-about way of coming back to us some times, whether we know it or not (Warning: this blog may be a lot like my Have you met Ted blog…)

The song is just an extremely light-hearted version of what I am really talking about…it has nothing to do with God or anything like that but it has to do with our actions and how they affect things…

(Side Note: I am such a music video kind of person! I love them! And FYI – the music video for this song is pretty interesting just in case you are interested =] which of course you are! Or else why would you be reading my random blog in the first place?!)

Anywho…There is this line in the song that says: “Every choice we make and every road we take - Every interaction starts a chain reaction.”

I am thankful for every experience in my life. The good and the bad. I know they have all been used, and will continue to be used for good.

I cannot help but be directed to the story of Joseph at the moment.

When people do something to hurt us, whether it is on purpose or not, it is still never easy.


Of course it’s never FUN to get hurt! But like the great Kelly Clarkson says…”What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger!” And it’s SO true!

We cannot control our circumstances and what happens to us – but we can control our attitudes and how we handle the situations.

We can choose to let ourselves become defeated or we can choose to let the situation make us stronger and better…

Oh those things called choices…

I love what Joseph says to his brothers in Genesis 50:20, “As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive.”

I think it’s so cool that the next verse states: “…So he comforted them and spoke kindly to them.”

I wish I had a heart like Joseph! After everything that he went through, he was not bitter or angry towards his brothers, but he told them he would provide for them and their families!

I am probably not going to tie this all together very well, since it is so early in the morn! But I will do the best I can =]

I guess what I have just been thinking about lately is how everything comes together for good.

If we let Him, God will use everything that happens to us for GOOD!

Our wrong actions against others…wrong actions of others against us…Everything!

I know that is what gives me peace. That if we just trust in God – He will get us to where we need to be…

I think the greatest thing to remember is – God doesn’t make mistakes. He knows what He is doing!!!

That is so amazing for me to know because I am chalk full of mistake after mistake after mistake! Yet, God will use those mistakes to bring about His BETTER plan.

I am just so thankful to be a part of it!



Anywho…All of this has really been making me think about how my actions can affect other people…just like how I see other people’s actions affect me…

Now one thing I desire – is a heart like Joseph. To “comfort” and “speak kindly” to those who have hurt me! Because, after all, God will use the hurt they have cause me to make me better and in return, hopefully be a good witness to others and help other people become better!

Does that make sense?