Saturday, January 10, 2015

some thing


I’ve never had a “thing”

I’ve always wanted one though.

You know…a thing…like…some people have a sport…some people play an instrument…some people run…some sing…some write…some collect things…some are photographers…



I’ve always loved all of those things…and more…but I’m not sure that there has ever been one thing where when people think of me they think of that one thing that has to do with me.

I don’t know what I want people to know me by. I don’t know what thing I want to have people think of me by…like when they see it or hear it or think of it – it automatically takes their mind to me…


I have my quirks, sure…but……I want a thing



I’ve always admired those people who know just who they are or who they want to be and know exactly what they want and love and go after it with all of their heart…

Those athletes who only feel at home when they’re on their field and when they acquire an injury their whole world becomes rearranged…

Those musicians who are only able to express themselves adequately when they are singing…

That’s how you know someone loves something. When they don’t care about the condition of the field or the instrument or the weather…
They don’t have to have the best of the best. They take what they can get and they give it their whole heart.

They welcome the banged up, hand-me-down guitar with open arms and treat it as if it were the most precious thing they’ll ever own. They sit in their room for hours upon hours perfecting their passion because it's just a part of them...it's a part of who they are and who they want to be...



I don’t know what my thing is…


But I want one…