Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Winter Wonder...Spring...?

There has been a lot going on lately!

I just got back from my parents house in California and it was so much fun!

We went to Disneyland on Friday and I fell in love…again…

I am such a little kid when it comes to theme parks…I will admit it – I was so excited to go to Disneyland (I hadn’t been in a whole year…) that when we were on the tram on the way into the park…I might have shed a few tears…I wish I could say I were kidding…

That is totally me though – I am such a sucker for cheesy fantasy stuff. At Christmas time, Disneyland has this little production where at night they have fireworks and this old lady over the loud speaker talking about dreams and how they really do come true, then at the end, they have snow falling from the sky…and I cry…every single time…I don’t know how many times I have seen the production…but I still cry…

And this time we saw World of Color – which I had never seen before. If you have not seen it, I completely recommend it. It is absolutely amazing!! It is so beautiful! It is a show they put on in California Adventure using lights and water and projections. And of course there is music in the background.


It went through all the different Disney stories – it was incredible!

This part was with Pocahontas - so there are trees...



And Lion King of course! It was so beautiful...


Surprisingly - I actually didn't cry through World of Color. I really thought I was going to at first...but it was a false alarm. Though I did almost drop my phone in the water while I was taking pictures...and then I would have DEFINITELY cried...!

It rained off and on while we were at Disneyland on Friday and my favorite ride is of course a water ride: Splash Mountain. And I literally never get wet on that ride...so we go on it of course! And what happens? I get soaked. I was stuck wearing wet pants all day...it was so uncomfortable...but totally worth it =]!

Friday night we went to Rainforest Cafe - one of my favorites! Mainly because of the elephants! I love elephants...

Then it snowed off and on all day Saturday and pretty hard all day Sunday. It is funny to me because I grew up having all four seasons – That is actually what my hometown is known for; “The Land of the Four Seasons” – sounds so exciting right…?

Yeah…I didn’t think it was very exciting either when I was growing up – but now that I live in Phoenix where we basically have only 2 seasons – it really is very exciting and I miss it a lot! Especially fall – fall in Tehachapi is so beautiful! Okay and Spring too…It is just such a beautiful little town…

I have always HATED snow growing up – I hate being cold. And I absolutely hate being wet and cold.

But I was so excited this weekend when it snowed – I felt like a little kid again! I was so amazed by it hah…I just had to laugh at myself!

It is so strange to me that most of my friends have never seen what my house or even my hometown look like! I guess that is just what happens when you move to a different state and make friends there! So I have taken the liberty to just show some pictures of the beautiful snow…and maybe from those pictures – you will get kind of an idea of what good ol’ Tehachapi looks like…

 Saturday when it started snowing...


Sunday morning:


Driving home from town Sunday evening...


Then waking up this morning:



It is funny because growing up – I actually hated Tehachapi. But isn’t that how almost every child/teenager is? Just itching to get out and away from everything they know – antsy for change and a new world with new faces and new stories. But now – I love it so much. It’s funny how life seems to have a way of doing that – the things you think you want nothing to do with – gradually become the things you miss the most and grow to love…

It is a very quaint town. My family actually lives in a gated community, which is a valley…where everyone knows everyone – picture kind of like the Truman Show or Pleasant Ville…though I am not sure I want to use that example...but mostly everyone in the community is super friendly. My best friend from Alaska (who I met while I was at school in Phoenix) visited my hometown with me one spring break and she went on a run by herself one day and was trying to stop cars and ask for directions, but everyone just thought she was being friendly so they just waved and smiled right back…haha this kind of made her frustrated…and if you knew her – her being frustrated would make you laugh…

I was pretty bummed on Sunday though because Church was cancelled because of all of the snow. Yes – I come from a town where roads close and church gets canceled if there is too much snow! Haha – it is so funny for me to think about because I have not had to worry about something like that in such a long time…

But after the roads opened up on Sunday, I did get to see my friend Davia!! I love her so much! She is such a beautiful person! And it makes me really sad to think of how I barely ever get to see her and my other friends from Tehachapi! But we got to talk and catch up and I really enjoyed it so much. She also invited me on a very exciting adventure, which will be coming up here pretty soon and of course…when the word “adventure” is involved…I am totally down! So I really cannot wait for that!!!

Then today my parents and I built a snowman…

which I am VERY excited about...as you can see from the picture...
My dad added the "Red Solo Cup" to him...

On the way to the airport we stopped and had dinner with my grandparents – which I was very excited about because I hardly ever get to see them.

I love my family so much. I am so thankful for them...

So…so much has been going on…I haven’t really had time to blog at all…which has actually been kind of nice to take a break from it – but at the same time – I feel like there are lost thoughts that I did not keep track of haha! Oh well…

But I just wanted to write about my weekend…

And of course…more blogging to come this week!

But until then...my mission is to find more synonyms for the words "beautiful" "excited" and "fun"!

Happy Monday Night/extremely early Tuesday Morning!