Wednesday, July 24, 2013

This one's for the girls...


It’s late and I’m tired – but I have to get this off my chest.

I just turned the big 2-5!

I know I know…so old…

This past year I have felt so much pressure from people about finding a husband.

But for once in my life…I am completely content with not wanting just any man.

For once, I am not in the wrong relationship – and I have never felt more at peace.

Everywhere I look people are either in love, falling in love, or looking for someone to fall in love with!

Just recently I spent some time with one of my old friends who is “searching” for that person that she will give her forever to. But it’s sad to say, that she is “searching” in all of the wrong places. She has convinced herself that she needs “practice” with relationships…and I’ve watched her go from this strong independent woman, to someone who seems to be just tossing herself at any guy who will give her attention…

(My point of this post is not to gossip AT ALL, but to show any girl who is struggling with this…that no one should have to go out “looking” for a relationship.)

Moving on…

On the opposite side…I have spent the past several days with two of my dearest friends who have great men who they are utterly in love with.

One of them is married and she and her husband absolutely adore each other.

The other friend is in a “dating” relationship and will most likely be engaged by the end of the year. Her and her love are as smitten and giddy as school children.

Instead of being jealous of these two love-couples, I am exceedingly happy for the both of them. I LOVE hearing about how they are so in-love with their men and how they have someone they can share everything with. And hearing their stories only excites me more and more about one day having a similar love of my own!

Just recently, a girl I know became engaged. One of my friends asked me if this girls’ story gave me “hope” of finding someone. It may sound like a funny question…and I guess it kind of was…but I just laughed. I guess because this girl who recently became engaged, is around my age and her and her fiancé just fell in-love completely unexpectedly…

But to say this story gave me “hope”…is an odd way of explaining how it made me feel…

Perhaps it did in a way…

But even more so…it gave me insight…I guess it just confirmed my belief that God DOES work in mysterious ways…and He has everything under control and He knows what He is doing. And even more so…He has a plan…for EVERYONE!

I have spent enough of my life wasting my heart and emotions on the wrong man – wanting to believe that their “forever” was genuine and true, rather than shallow with far-from-honorable intentions.

So to the 16-year-old who is just starting her “dating” life and wanting to find Mr. Right…and to the 30-year-old who is lonely and sad and feels discouraged…and to my dear friend who has sadly convinced herself that she needs to throw herself at every guy who will talk to her and put herself out there in order to “gain experience” with the opposite sex…

Don’t feed into the lies that it is “not so bad” to settle for anything less than what you deserve.

Don’t listen to the people around you who tell you that you need to “put yourself out there” in order to meet people and gain experience.

But don’t coop yourself up in your room and shut yourself off from the world, giving up all hope that you are ever going to find someone.

Just be you and do what you truly want to do.

God will send someone your way in HIS perfect timing.

Trust me…if He can create you…He can control the events in your life…

I don’t care what anyone else is telling you. You DESERVE to be pursued.

There is NOTHING wrong with being “old-fashioned” and letting the man make all the moves…he is, after all, supposed to be a “man” correct?

And you deserve to be NUMBER ONE in a guys’ life. NOT second best, plan b, or the re-bound.

And if you EVER are put in a situation where he makes you have to wonder and question where you stand in his life (as far as his affections for girls go) – take yourself out of the equation and wait for someone who will never make you question his feelings for you and who will love you and respect you just as much as you deserve to be loved and respected.

If a man doesn’t love you just as much as you love him, then he is not worth any of your time. And trying to convince yourself that maybe one day he will cherish you as much as you deserve, will only cause you more pain and bitterness in the long run. Trust me…he is NOT worth it. And when all is said and done…you will realize that…and you may be saddened that you allowed him to have any of your time and heart.

So how can you know if a guy is “the one”?

PRAY! Seek guidance and council from the ONLY ONE who TRULY knows your heart and his heart, and the only One who knows for certain what is going to happen and what is best for you.

Pray that He will guard your heart and that no man will ever be able to get to you unless he goes through Christ.

And pray that He takes away anyone who may hinder you or distract you from what He has for you.

Then, the people who you start to see slip away from your life, probably were not meant to be there in the first place. And the man who continues to pursue you more and more…he may be the one who is deserving of your heart. But NEVER STOP praying.

And remember – God is not a god of confusion, but of peace and certainty.

And He wants and HAS the absolute best for you! So don’t allow yourself to settle for someone who does not deserve you. Instead, save every part of you, for a man who loves you more than you ever thought possible.

If God gives you an idea of an incredibly loving man…don’t let Satan fool you into believing that there is “no such thing”…and don’t allow yourself to become discouraged that you will never find him. If God gives you a vision…then He WILL deliver. So just wait on Him. And don’t settle.

So am I worried that I am getting "too old" to find someone...or that I am running out of time and I need to find someone pronto??? NOT one bit...

Do I feel like I need to settle for someone who has proved to be undeserving or unworthy of my love just because I don't want to be alone...? HELL NO!!! (excuse my lingo!)

But do I feel encouraged by other people's "magical" and "unexpected" love stories? Sure, why not?! But better yet...God has a story just for ME! He has someone planned out for me and me alone! Something unique and unexplainable! And I will wait on Him...because He is the only One who has NEVER let me down. And His promises NEVER fail. And He will always put what is best for me first! And He has promised to do the EXACT SAME for YOU!

Okay…I think that was just about all that has been on my heart…I just had to get that off of my chest =]