Monday, September 2, 2013

"Hope sleeps in our bones like a bear..."


I am not sure I have ever thought about it as much before as I have lately…

But the following concept keeps popping into my mind: This world is not where I belong.

Lately, when things haven’t been going my way…and I’ve just felt let down by situations or life in general…I just remind myself that my circumstances and the situations that I am experiencing are not permanent.

Yesterday in church we sang Amazing Grace…

“When we’ve been there ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
Than when we first begun.”

I honestly don’t know if I ever realized just what this verse meant before…and when we sang it yesterday…I just could not help but smile and feel this overwhelming joy and excitement…and RELIEF!!!

As long on we are here on earth…nothing is permanent.

It’s so easy to place faith in things that are tangible…things that we are able to physically see and touch…

But nothing here on earth will ever satisfy us.

I’m restless. But this time – it’s not because I’m not at peace…it’s because I’ve found it…and now I want to be utterly and whole-heartedly consumed by it.

I want to be in constant community with this Peace. And I want to see Him. I want to touch His face.

For Christians…one thing is certain: “We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise than when we first begun.”

THIS IS PERMANENCE!!!

PRAISE GOD!!!

“This place is not my home – it’s got nothing for me. It only leaves me with emptiness and tears in my eyes” – Gravity by Shawn McDonald

“And on that day when my strength is failing – the end draws near and my time has come. Still my soul will sing Your praise unending – ten thousand years and then forevermore.” – 10,000 Reasons by Matt Redman

“All I know is I’m not home yet, this is not where I belong. Take this world and give me Jesus. This is not where I belong.” – Where I belong by Building 429

“And I will rise when He calls my name. No more sorrow, no more pain. I will rise on eagles’ wings. Before my God fall on my knees and rise.” - I will rise by Chris Tomlin

"Heaven Song"
Phil Wickham

You wrote a letter and You signed Your name
I read every word of it page by page
You said that You’d be coming
Coming for me soon
Oh my God I’ll be ready for You

I want to run on greener pastures
I want to dance on higher hills
I want to drink from sweeter waters
In the misty morning chill
And my soul is getting restless
For the place where I belong
I can’t wait to join the angels and sing my heaven song

I hear Your voice and I catch my breath
Well done my child enter in and rest
Tears of joy roll down my cheek
It’s beautiful beyond my wildest dreams

I want to run on greener pastures
I want to dance on higher hills
I want to drink from sweeter waters
In the misty morning chill
And my soul is getting restless
For the place where I belong
I can’t wait to join the angels and sing

I want to run on greener pastures
I want to dance on higher hills
I want to drink from sweeter waters
In the misty morning chill
And my soul is getting restless
For the place where I belong
I can’t wait to join the angels and sing
Oh I can't wait to join the angels and sing my heaven song