Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Psalm 56: 8-11



“You number my wanderings;
Put my tears into Your bottle;
Are they not in Your book?
When I cry out to You,
Then my enemies will turn back;
This I know, because God is for me.
In God (I will praise His word),
In the Lord (I will praise His word),
In God I have put my trust;
I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?”

Psalm 56: 8-11

God keeps track of all of our tears. He sees what we go through and He understands our trials. Every time we choke back the waterfall just waiting to come out. Every tear shed in the private corners of our room. Every drop that hits our pillow when we lay down to sleep at night. He counts it all.

God is FOR US. He guides and protects us. He promises GOOD for us. When we feel like the whole world is working against us, God is in every essence of where we are; pushing us, pulling us, guiding us, nudging us. Every motion He allows us to make, is just another opportunity for us to see that He is on our side.

NO ONE can harm us. This one is tough. Someone can physically bruise me. Someone can use their words to cut me like a knife. Someone can do something to hurt someone I love, which in turn hurts me…but when God is on my side, the same God who is FOR me and uses all things for His glory and my good…what can man really do to harm me? No man can separate me from my God.