Wednesday, October 29, 2014

From: Dust To: Dust

Saying my life is busy is a total understatement.

The thing that worries me the most in my life is me getting caught up in the thought that I can do any of it all on my own.

In my mind and my heart – I know I need God.

I know I am nothing without Him.

But when people tell ME how awesome ME is (I know that’s improper…) It really begins to get to my head.

I KNOW I am NOTHING special.

I KNOW I am NOTHING of any worth.

I KNOW I am NOTHING on my own.

But I want to ALWAYS BE AWARE of it. I want to ALWAYS be consciously aware of the fact that ANY GOOD that is involved in my life comes SOLELY from GOD and NONE of it is a result of ANYTHING I do.

“For He knows our frame;
He remembers that we are dust.”
- Psalm 103:14

I am so thankful that even when I forget how worthless I am apart from Him – He always knows – and His grace covers me through and through and graciously reminds me that it’s HIM and not me.


THAT is what gives me freedom to live.