Friday, October 10, 2014

to whom it may concern,

I’m not sure that I have ever written you a complete letter before. But for some reason…I feel that it is all that I can do right now to help ease whatever this feeling is that I have swelling up inside of me…

This is probably one of the hardest times of the year for me. Not because I am alone. But because I am not with you.

I can’t express how sad I have felt lately...I don’t remember the last full day I went without crying…it has been…depressing…to say the least…

Not that my life itself is depressing. I love my life.

I hate admitting it – because I am someone who normally likes to be thought of as “strong” and “independent” but I think it’s time that I face this little demon inside of me…

So much of me is aching for you…is it wrong to allow one person to have so much affect over you? I struggle so much with this. I know it’s wrong to obsess over something and someone…and I don’t think it is that because I know I don’t put you over my relationships with Christ. But the more I feel Him…the more I want to feel you too. And how can it be wrong to desire someone that is so good for me?

I know I am already in love with you – but I just want to be able to love you.

I’ve felt so…lost lately. Like I just haven’t been myself…and I haven’t felt motivated to be myself either…

But then something incredible happened:

The night before last I spent the whole night at a hospital eagerly awaiting the arrival of a precious baby boy.

I arrived at the hospital around 9:30 p.m. and at 6:34 a.m. the next morning I got one of the most exciting texts I have ever received: “HE’S HERE!!!!”

Sweet sweet Camden Avery Drucker

I didn’t realize exactly what he meant to me until I stepped into that delivery room for the third time… and saw precious little Camden for the first time…and tears just began to fall from my eyes.

It is cliché to say that seeing him made me feel…more complete?

Like he provided me with something I had never felt before. A love that I never knew I could have for someone…

And a terror that I never knew was possible when I heard his panting.

He was having complications breathing because of fluids in his lungs so he had to be taken to the NICU…

I think I may have been more frightened for him than anyone else there…everyone seemed to be staying so calm…but my tears were uncontainable.

I couldn’t bear to see something so little and precious go through such a struggle…but he definitely wasn’t helpless. He was a fighter.

An hour later after good breathing he was released from NICU!

He is perfect.

I am so in love.

I don’t know how just one moment can change a person so much…but I know that after seeing little Camden, I will never be the same.

Most of the time…life is simple. It provides me with plenty of distractions throughout the day to keep my mind off of you…

I go through my daily routine of work and then youth groups throughout the week or hang out with friends and my youth girls…

I have incredible friends who I have such a fun time with…and most of the time I am great!

But I have a habit of keeping myself so busy…and I realized that I think I do that on purpose…to avoid the fact that you aren’t in my life right now…because after all of the craziness of the day, when I go home and lay in my bed…everything is quiet…and even though my mind is always full of thoughts about whatever the next day holds…I have nothing to distract me from the fact that I am alone.

And then I remember that I miss you.

Or times like the one where I was sitting in that hospital waiting room. One of the most exciting times of my life…and you weren’t there to share it with me…

It’s months like these that make me long for you more than any other time of the year…

Months like October. With Halloween as my favorite holiday because it means apple picking and pumpkin carving and watching scary movies and having campfires and trick or treaters…it means cool weather and warm clothes…haunted houses and haunted theme parks…

Colorful leaves and bike rides…

Then there is Thanksgiving and Christmas. Cuddling up by the fire with warm coffee and a good book…

Relaxing time with family and hectic Christmas shopping...

Rain…snow…

It’s all so enchanting and romantic…

…and it all happens without you…

But thank God for days like yesterday…

Days that come along completely unexpected and bring purpose and light into my world.

Days that wake me up and FORCE me to see that life is beautiful.

It has purpose.

It has excitement.

It has little blessings that pinch me and big blessings that smack me in the face!

Days where the most exciting things happen…

These days help give me a push that I need.

They serve as a reminder that God knows what He is doing. He IS GOOD.

And He hasn’t forgotten about me.

I know not one day goes by where He fails to give me exactly what I need for that day. He gives me plenty of joys and gifts every single day…

And I am so thankful for that. I wish I never lost sight of it.





People say that it will happen when I least expect it. That one day I will turn a corner and all of a sudden there you will be. Like you were just hanging out waiting for me…






But I wish you could have been there to see how beautiful he was. I wish I could share my excitement with you. I’m realizing that that is what it is all about: sharing in each others joys and happiness. And being able to be there for each other when there is worry or sadness or discomfort. And pushing each other and encouraging each other to be the best we can be and to not take life for granted.

It’s these moments that I love to have but don’t love to share without you…

One time I started thinking about all of the moments that you have that excite you that I don’t yet know about…but that seems to be too much some times…I want to be there with you…but I am thankful that God is so good…and that He is giving you everything you need for the time being as well.





You missed a good one yesterday. But – I know there will be others.

And even though I just want to share it all with you…

I will try to be patient…









Love you,

Love me.