Thursday, April 23, 2015

it IS.


There is something in this world that I don’t think I will ever understand.

Something that intrigues every part of me and leaves me guessing for hours and trying to put my finger on it…

Something that I have always been so drawn to but have never experienced it personally…

Love.

What’s it like to be in love?

Sometimes I just allow myself to wonder…

I think about the two people who are blessed enough to be able to walk through life together and experience things and be there for each other through their best and worst moments…

I think about what it would be like to have your best friend there with you always.

Someone who is delighted to spend time with you – who yearns to know every detail of your life.

Someone who is just in awe of you – who is compelled to be near you.

I try to guess it and interpret it and label it.

I try to figure it out. Where it comes from – how it starts – how it develops and how it is sustained.

I try to figure out what attracts people to each other and what just…is there…what IT is…and what encourages it…

How it makes you feel completely accepted just as you are – yet somehow makes you want to be not just better…but the best version of yourself…

I think about how God decides who gets to experience it and who doesn’t – not that I am doubting God in His decisions in ANY way…He is good in ALL that He does. But at times – I still cannot help but wonder…

And how does He decide who is right for each other and who isn’t.

Does He really create one person, while keeping the other in mind and what would match perfectly with them?

Does He mold love the way He molds His children? Making it perfect and beautiful…making it with purpose and intent?

I know nothing surprises Him…so how does He decide where love is discovered and what develops it?

When you hear the story about the young man seeing the young girl for the first time and being absolutely in awe of her, so much that he just has to talk to her, so in a moment of spontaneity and courage – he walks right up to her completely unplanned and makes a move that changes both of their lives in an instant – does it make you wonder if God wrote that story even before the two of the were born and it was all a part of His plan?

Does it make you wonder about the love story He has written for you?

I don’t care what anyone says. I refuse to give up the belief that true love is real and genuine and it is out there.

I refuse to believe that “love at first sight” does not exist.

I refuse to allow the hurt and brokenness of this world to taint my trust in loves reality.

I refuse to allow myself to become utterly consumed and overwhelmed with the desire for it – but I also refuse to allow the fact that I am not in love, nor have I ever been in love – to discourage my excitement and hope in the possibility of one day finding it.

Because if we don’t have love to search for…what then do we have?



I could dream for days about the kind of love I want to find me…



But love – there is no analyzing it.

Love isn’t something you can put into a box or define with a sentence…love…it just IS.

It resonates.

It lingers.

It doesn’t have to fight or prove itself.

It is all it will ever need.

And when it’s right - It’s longed for and accepted…just how it is.




 “and you understand now why they lost their minds and fought the wars…”