Friday, May 3, 2013

I will ALWAYS choose love.


Recently – I’ve been hurt.

And it’s amazing how many people have told me that for now, I just need to be angry.

Angry for the way I’ve been treated and angry for how I have been betrayed.

And that I need to let my anger protect me like a shield…

It really makes me think of the song, Able, by Needtobreathe:

“All my actions, false or true
Selfish motives I will use
We were born with knives in hand
Trained to kill our fellow man
If we're not better than the rest
How will children do their best
Find your patience, find your truth
Love is all we have to lose”

Being angry – is just not me.

TRUST ME…I have had my “Strong” “Angry” girl kicks…I think I’ve mentioned my obsession with Paramore before…Oh how some days I wish I had her bad girl façade…and her lungs and wind pipes!

But other than the occasional tendency to turn to girl power music that I have…I just have a hard time with purposely making myself bitter just to protect myself.

Don’t get me wrong – I’ve been there before…and parts of my surface may be there right now…but to think of only “bad” and “hurtful” things just to protect myself – I cant let myself do that.

I guess because I’m afraid it will get too far. I know I’ve had posts on bitterness before…how it’s like a vicious wormhole that will suck you in and cause you to lose sight of REALITY.

It will steal away your emotions and replace every ounce of you with anger and aggression…

Sounds so fun!!!!!!! Right?!

Hardly.

I remember a while ago when I was extremely bitter. I knew I had “some anger” but I thought I was living life perfectly fine, until I realized it had been a whole year since I had cried.

It was so hard for me to start to actually FEEL again.

It’s not something I ever want to go through again…

So anywho – that has brought me to where I am today. The person who just hurts…I can be somewhat angry…I guess in my own ways…but mostly…I’m just a big pile of a hurt cry baby.

But so what?! Never again will I allow myself to become bitter. At least not how I was.

I don’t really know where I am going with all of this.

I guess it’s just…I know God gives us people and community for us to lean on and confide in…

But if we start taking other people’s advice over what God is telling us…that is when we know we’ve definitely got something wrong.

This is something I am having to remember right now.

Forget about hear say and shallow advice…what is God telling me?

Satan can so easily whisper doubts and hurt into my ear…but God…he does the opposite.

He offers me peace. Hope. Love. Joy. Compassion. LIFE. A Future.

And He just sits back waiting to give it to me.

Why would I try to heal by using the very thing that will only dig a grave deeper and deeper?

I never have to be a part of bitterness again. Not my own, or anyone else’s.

I’m FREE.

I know who I am. I know what God tells me. I’m loved and wanted.

And God – please don’t allow me to forget that.

“No occasion justifies hatred; no injustice warrants bitterness. I choose love. Today I will love God and what God loves.”
          - Max Lucado