Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sing 'Lord, come soon'


I believe that some of the times that insecurities enter my mind, God allows them to momentarily take hold of the best of me…because it serves as an example of just how truly lost I am without Him. But other times when my insecurities start rolling in…He is right there protecting me. He allows His grace to flow down on me and remind me that He has already won.

There is a song by Josh Garrels called Farther Along.

It randomly revealed itself on my Spotify radio one day and I have been in love with it ever since.

The last line of the song restores my hope every time I hear it:

And one day when the sky rolls back on us
Some rejoice and the others fuss
Cause every knee must bow and tongue confess
That the Son of God is forever blessed
His is the kingdom, we’re the guests
So put your voice up to the test
Sing 'Lord, come soon'

“Every knee must bow and tongue confess…”

Every…single…one…

Just thinking about that day sweeps me away to thoughts of beauty that are too pure for this world to contain…

It feels like a dream…I have thought about it so many times that I feel like I have it painted out perfectly in my mind…but I know my thoughts and visions don’t even scratch the surface of how truly incredible it will be.

“Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth;
 For I am God, and there is no other.
I have sworn by Myself,
 the word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness
 and will not turn back,
 that to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.
They will say of Me, ‘Only in the Lord are righteousness and strength.’
 Men will come to Him,
 and all who were angry at Him will be put to shame.” – Isaiah 45:22-24