Sunday, June 1, 2014

Come On, My Soul...


I have been wanting to write about this for quite awhile now, but I have not really been able to find the words…

Honestly, I am still not sure I have the words even now…but maybe that’s my problem sometimes…I just always want to wait for the perfect words…but, I am not always going to be able to have the luxury of waiting for these “perfect words” and there will be (and have been) times where I just have to say what I think right then and there…because if I don’t say it right then and there, then when WILL I say them….if ever?

If there were ever a time where I wished I had eloquent words, it would definitely be right now.

I could imagine I feel kind of like Moses lately…only my problem is not difficulty in finding the right words when talking to people (well…that is always a problem of mine) but my problem lately is finding words adequate enough to express my gratitude towards God for everything that He is doing in my life…and finding even one word that could even come close to BRUSHING how in awe I am of Him.

There have been so many times in the past five months where something has happened and the only thing I could do in that moment was just stand frozen in place…unable to even utter a simple “thank you” to God…because I know those two words do not even come close to my gratitude.

For the sake of sounding like a Taylor Swift song…my life lately…definitely could resemble a fairytale. It has it bumps and bruises and ups and downs, sure…but I have absolutely nothing to complain about because God is allowing me to see Him work in ways that I have never even dreamed of before.

In just these past five months God has taken my life and turned it completely upside down…I have written and taught my own bible study lesson (something I have prayed about doing and have wanted to do for years), I gained an incredible mentor (the SAME PERSON I have prayed about being my mentor for a few years), and now I am waiting on a start date for my dream job (a job that represents everything I have wanted to do pretty much)!!!

But those are just three of the main things that have happened. I have seen God work in so many ways. I have seen Him bring people into my life that I have prayed over for quite awhile and I have seen Him knit together amazing relationships. I have seen Him take what seem to be sticky situations and turn them into incredible opportunities. And I have seen Him orchestrate circumstances out of (what seems to be like) thin air…and work in ways that not even the most clever of storywriters could come up with.

I really don’t know why God works the way He does – or why He would want to use me the way He does…

And all the while I am just standing here in utter awe. Even my mind becomes frozen at times…because God TRULY IS GOOD and His goodness is far greater than anything the human mind can fathom.

I am so excited to see what God is going to do in these next seven months…

I know I am going to be challenged in ways that I have never experienced before…but I also know that God is going to work in miraculous ways…

And my prayer is that I never stop telling Him “thank you” for all He does…even if I know that a simple “thank you” does not even come close to the gratitude and astonishment I truly feel…

I guess these are times when I can just rest in the peace that He knows my heart and He knows the words my heart is searching for…


Come on, my soul
Come on, my soul
Let down the walls
And sing, my soul

Come on, Come on, Come on, Come on
It’s time to look up

Come on, my soul
Come on, my soul
Let down the walls
And sing, my soul

(Come On by Rend Collective)