Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pray without ceasing...


What is prayer to me?

Prayer is communication. It is relationship. It is a sincere stream of genuine thought flowing from the deepest parts of me.

It is pure.

It is raw.

It is real.

Prayer, for me, usually begins as something deliberate…I go into it thinking I know how I feel and what I want to say…but often times it ends up turning into candid words about subconscious concerns that have been hidden so deep that I didn’t even know they were there…until they are involuntarily unlocked by my rambling lips.

Search me oh God…know my heart…

He knows and understands things about me that I could never even conspire.

There is no point in trying to hide things from Him.

It is foolish to try to mask how I really feel…or to try to “beat around the bush” with Him.

Trying to manipulate Him into thinking that I am something that I am not is idiotic.

And thinking I can get away with half prayers is senseless.

“Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely…”




Prayer, to me, is endless.

It is an ongoing conversation with my Father…

The word “Amen” is uncommon to me…because when am I really ever done speaking with Him?

It’s like saying “goodbye” to someone who never leaves…

Not saying that I am “so great” that I am just always in prayer because I am such a devout Christian…but because I am the complete opposite.

I know that it would be foolish of me to think that I could go even a moment without Christ’s guidance.

And yet, there are plenty of times when I still doubt.

How long do I have to wait on You until you deliver?

I am ashamed to say that this is a prayer that came from my mouth just a few nights ago…

Those times where you know that God is always faithful…but still feel like you need to question Him…

Who am I to understand Him?

I am like a sheep…blindly following my Shepard…and yet – there are still those moments where He allows me to see a glimpse into His plan…and those moments are incredible.

I KNOW that God IS FAITHFUL.

I KNOW that He keeps His promises.

And if there is a desire that He has placed in my heart – then He WILL provide.

And even though it is often times difficult…I could not be more thankful that He provides ALL things in HIS timing!

DON’T give up. Don’t lose sight.

Keep your feet grounded in HIS path and He will take you where you need to go and provide everything you need.

When His promises seem distant

And when everyone around you is calling you a fool

Don’t let go.

The process is all a part of His plan.

Tell Him you’re lost.

Tell Him you’re confused.

Tell Him you don’t understand.

But don’t. let. go.

Because He hasn’t forgotten about you. And He’ll never let you go.

Pray without ceasing.

Pick up your cross.

Daily.

And pray without ceasing.

Be in constant communion with Him.

And be genuine.

And raw.

And real.

Scream. Cry. Pitch a fit!

Or allow the hurt to become so vivid that no words can even be uttered from your lips and no movement can be achieved.

But be real.

Whatever you do – be real.

Allow God to HEAR your heart from your own words.

He already discerns every part of it – but love Him enough to allow Him to HEAR it from YOU.

Make the conscious decision to SPEAK to Him – to deliberately tell Him about your concerns…

Those times where you get the thought in your mind to turn off your tv or put down your phone and just talk to Him…that is HIM CALLING YOU.

Those times you are driving in your car and a thought of prayer comes into your mind…that is HIM placing it there.

And those times when you are laying in bed at night, too tired to move but too restless to fall asleep…that is Him creating an opportunity for you to go to Him.

He is pursuing you.

Always.

So go to Him!

Pray to Him.

And do it without ceasing.

Don’t ever stop.