Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Thought From A Late Night Drive


Tonight as I was driving home, I was thinking about the funny ways that God works.

As I was thinking…the story of Jericho was brought to my mind…

The Lord told Joshua to tell the Israelites to march around the city in silence once a day for six days and then the seventh day, march around the city seven times and when the seven priests blew the trumpets the Israelites were all instructed to shout and the walls of Jericho would fall down.

All I can think about when I hear this story is the attitude and reaction that I would have if I were one of the Israelites listening to the Lords instructions: “You want us to do what…?” I would think He was off His rocker!

But then I think about how He is with my life…I definitely see where God is full of mystery and suspense…and He DEFINITELY has a sense of humor…but He ALWAYS comes through.

No matter how crazy or far gone or absent I think He is at times…He NEVER fails me.

All I could think about was how there has NEVER been one time in my life where God has not answered my prayers…every time I ask Him to provide – it’s like I hear His voice in my head; “Already workin’ on it!”

It is like He is just there, waiting for me to ask Him for direction and He already has the printed Map Quest directions in His back pocket, which He just casually hands to me before I can even finish my thought of asking Him where I need to go…

That’s just God being God…He can’t help but be faithful…

And I just can’t help but laugh…