Monday, October 7, 2013

vanilla + chocolate + strawberry does NOT always = neapolitan


You know when some things in life just don’t go your way…or the way you had hoped/planned?

Like this morning…when I decided to mix my vanilla protein powder and my chocolate vitamin mix in my shake…I was hoping for more of a softserve taste effect – didn’t happen. I also put strawberries in my morning shakes so it would have even been cool to have that neapolitan taste going on…not even close. So I stress…do not mix vanilla protein powder and chocolate vitamin mix in your morning shake. It’s not good. It’s not a banana split. Morning shakes are not the time to experiment dessert ideas…just don’t do it. It’ll throw off your whole day.

Or when you go to take a huge gulp of your sprite and you are sooooo excited because it’s been so long since you have tasted those glorious little carbonated bubbles of heaven and it’s already too late when you realize that you have just swallowed a whale of a size gulp of just plain water and you feel cheated…and sadden…and a little dumb.

A few weeks ago I had a test in biology and a few Saturdays ago I received my score from that test. I saw a “40.75” written on my score sheet and automatically shoved the sheet to be hidden deep in my folder. The guy who sits behind me in class is very helpful and very sweet (he is also one of my lab partners) he asked me how I did and I shyly gave a “ugh it was awful” grin…”oh man, yeah I got a 77, I thought I had done better” a 77??? I got a 40.75 pal, whatever .75 means…Last night was the first time since then that I have been able to crack my biology folder out. And I found that little devil of a score sheet again. I never read anything all of the way through…just like I never think anything all of the way through…I should probably fix this…I got a 40.75 out of 50……….I got an 81.5%!! Which in this class, is a very high B! (I know it may not seem great, but I have been working my little toosh off in this class so I am very proud…oh aaaand I just skipped one whole question page on the test cause I really had no idea what it was talking about…) This is an example of a time when I had thought something had not gone my way, but infact, did so more than I had hoped.

Why am I telling you all of this you may ask…to be truthful. I really don’t know. It is most likely me just needing to ramble because I have been extremely ill the past week and have not gotten to talk to anyone or do anything and I have just had to sit here in this house and…live…with myself…and my kidney infection…and my 104 degree fever…ugh…it can be exhausting…being alone…sick and alone…haha okay…you get it…

A few weeks ago I was selected to receive a pre-released copy of Jefferson Bethke’s new book Jesus > Religion so I could read it and review it on my blog! I was pretty stoked about the opportunity! (still am, just somewhat bummed of….) But have I stressed how incredible crazy my life has been these past few months? Between youth groups, school, work, and trying to maintain a social life…things can get a little out of hand. Then I had to go and get deathly ill! Which led me to fall behind in class!

But I mean who am I? What do I have to complain about? I have an awesome life!

Anywho – I am just bummed…because I really was looking forward to writing a review for you all BEFORE the book was released…which okay, it was just released only today…but still…it would have been nice…(just like having my morning shake taste like neapolitan ice cream would have been nice)

I am STILL going to read it and I am STILL going to write a review on it. I am just not exactly certain when…but until then, I encourage you all to check out Jeff and his ditty on the book HERE and after that, if you are interested, look into purchasing the book here!

Oh AND…I believe I wrote a little about the spoken word poetry thing I went to in August? P4CM? Ringing any bells? Yes? No? Okay, I don’t remember, but Jeff actually does spoken word as well (which you would have already known if you checked out the above video on his book)! And has worked with P4CM! So if you have some time, you should check out one of my favorite poems by him right here as well!

Alright…I am very behind in school…I need to get back to studying…