Thursday, June 9, 2016

I just know

"I keep my eyes always on the Lord,
With Him at my right hand, I will not be shaken."
Psalm 16:8

It's difficult to not let the things of the world distract me.

I often forget that God already knows that.

I forget that He knows when He gives me instructions, as much as I yearn for that from Him, I'll still have thousands of things leading me in other directions.

And then I'll start to wonder; "am I doing the right thing."

Of course I know in my heart it's from Him.

But I still start to be concerned with the details of how it will all play out and fall together.

But God doesn't ask me to worry about the details. He doesn't ask me to answer to everyone else or even myself for that matter...He only wants me to answer to Him - and obey. 

Sometimes His plan for me is clearly laid out in front of me and all signs will be pointing directly to what He wants me to do, making my decisions easy. But other times He wants me to step out in blind faith. Holding on to nothing but the promise that He will take care of me no matter what happens.

Sometimes the road is obvious.

And sometimes it's as if I'm stepping off of a ledge.

Yet, either time, I know...I just know...that it's what I'm supposed to do.

I won't allow my confidence and faith to be shaken - in any situation - because I know that ultimately, my life is His. And the only thing that truly matters, is obeying Him and stepping out when I feel Him nudging me.

I can choose to allow discouragement and fear to keep me standing still. Or I can take that jump. 

Either way, I have a God to answer to. And I want my answer to be that even though I was unsure, I was brave and courageous and I trusted His promises to me and I took advantage of every adventure and opportunity He placed in my life to glorify Him.

"So I won’t root myself too deeply
In this valley where we dwell
I won’t tie myself to nothing
That tells my soul it isn’t well
I will wait and I will wonder
Only time will tell..."
Brandon Heath, In The Dust