Friday, June 10, 2016

His love is fierce.


I too often get caught up in the roses and sunshine aspect of Gods grace - and I lose sight of the fierceness of His love.

We can try to do things our way and pretend like we have it all under control but God doesn't allow that to last very long.

Somehow, someway, He eventually leads us to the reality that we are completely and utterly lost without Him.

I love that God has compassion and that He is gentle and kind-spirited. I love that He knows when to whisper and speak softly to me...

But what would I do without His relentless aggression to save and pursue me?

What would I do if every time I wanted to stray, His anger didn't burn within Him, causing Him to chase after me and put me in my place?

I love His ferocious love. I love His power that causes violence when needed. I love that He does not shy away from confrontation, and that He not only faces it head on, but that when He decides - it's not even a battle. His defeats are endless and all around me. There is no direction or road I could go to escape His presence and power. 

If I take the road to Heaven - His law is inescapable.

And if I take the road to Hell - His anger and aggression is what sends me there.

He never allows me to take one step without knowing that He is there.


Before I call, before I ever cry
You answer me from where the thunder hides
I cannot run, this heart I'm tethered to
With every step I collide with You

Like a tidal wave crashing over me
Rushing in to meet me here
Your love is fierce!
Like a hurricane that I can't escape
Tearing through the atmosphere
Your love is fierce!

You cannot fail, the only thing I've found
Is through it all You never let me down
You don't hold back, relentless in pursuit
And every turn I come face to face with You

Like a tidal wave crashing over me
Rushing in to meet me here
Your love is fierce!
Like a hurricane that I can't escape
Tearing through the atmosphere
Your love is fierce!

You chase me down, You seek me out
How could I be lost when You have called me found?

Like a tidal wave crashing over me
Rushing in to meet me here
Your love is fierce!
Like a hurricane that I can't escape
Tearing through the atmosphere
Your love is fierce!
Jesus Culture - Fierce